PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
简介Prime Minister Han Duck-soo arrived in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou on Saturday to attend th ...
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo arrived in the eastern Chinese city of Hangzhou on Saturday to attend the opening ceremony of the Asian Games and meet Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the sporting event, his office said.
During his two-day visit, Han is set to attend a luncheon hosted by Xi for the leaders of countries competing in the Asian Games and hold talks with Xi ahead of the opening ceremony later in the day.
The meeting between Han and Xi will take place at 4:30 p.m., his office said in a notice to reporters, without elaborating on the venue or agenda.
Han will be the first high-level South Korean official to meet with Xi since President Yoon Suk Yeol met with him on the sidelines of a Group of 20 summit in Bali, Indonesia, in November 2022.
During the meeting, Han is expected to convey Seoul's initiatives to arrange a trilateral summit involving Japan and China, and extend an invitation to Xi for a visit to South Korea, a proposal previously made by Yoon during the November meeting.
Han is accompanied by First Vice Foreign Minister Chang Ho-jin and Vice Culture Minister Jang Mi-ran, a former Olympic gold medalist in weightlifting.
Han earlier told reporters that Seoul is committed to maintaining an amicable relationship with Beijing, emphasizing that his upcoming trip to the Asian Games aims to demonstrate Seoul's dedication to enhancing South Korea-China relations.
South Korea has usually sent the culture minister to such events. (Yonhap)
If you are looking for a place to spend some quality family time during the six-day holiday that sta ...
Starting in October, major South Korean milk companies will raise their product prices, following th ...
용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기윤석열 대통령이 24일 서울 용산어린이정원에서 열린 ‘추석맞이 팔도장터’에서 어린이와 떡메치기를 하고 있다. 이날 전국의 다양한 추석 성수품을 구입한 윤 ...
[Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
Hyundai Motor may sell Russian plant to local firm
Kakao completes its first own data center
'코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
[Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- More seniors working but still not earning enough: data
- Hyundai Steel to showcase low
- S. Korean fencer Oh Sang
- Is S. Korea dangerous for women?
- Do professors in Korea have too much power over students?
- XG storms back with 'New DNA'
- Manpower Korea’s unique approach to reference checks
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Yoon plans state visits to UK, Netherlands later this year
- British MP hopes for enhanced UK
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms
- [사진] 영장심사 마친 이재명, 묵묵부답
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'