BTS' Suga begins military service
简介Suga of BTS began his mandatory military service on Friday.He will be fulfilling his compulsory mili ...
Suga of BTS began his mandatory military service on Friday.
He will be fulfilling his compulsory military service by doing alternative service after receiving basic training for the first few weeks during boot camp.
“I was able to come this far thanks to you ARMY (the name of BTS' fan community). Now it’s time for me (to begin my mandatory military service). I will do my utmost to fulfill my national duty. Stay warm as the weather is getting cold. Stay healthy and let’s meet in 2025. I always love you and thank you ARMY,” wrote Suga to his fans on Weverse on Friday.
He had canceled his deferral of the mandatory military service last month to initiate the military enlistment process.
Big Hit Music did not disclose the reason for Suga being assigned to alternative service but him having had surgery repairing a labral tear in 2020 is believed to be the reason.
Suga is the third member of K-pop sensation BTS to enlist in his compulsory military service following Jin, who enlisted in December 2022 and J-Hope who joined in April this year.
Japanese K-pop band XG returned to the music scene on Wednesday with its first EP "New DNA."The late ...
Korean AI semiconductor startup Rebellions said Monday that its chips were set to undergo quality te ...
The teaser video for Seventeen’s 11th EP was brought down on Sunday, said agency Pledis Entertainmen ...
- Do professors in Korea have too much power over students?
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- [Today’s K
- [Herald Interview] Forever is not impossible: Oneus aspires to global reach with 'La Dolce Vita'
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
XG storms back with 'New DNA'
4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle